Friday, July 2, 2010

I've Met Someone...and His Name is Cubano

I decided to splurge (in more ways than one) on lunch yesterday and convinced my friend, Audrey, to join me at Bocado on the Westside. It's true that I had a hankering to get out of the office and indulge with a leisurely lunch, but I had another motive. I was dying to introduce Audrey to my latest love interests: the Bocado "burger stack" and the "cubano" pressed sandwich.

Let's start with the burger: we're talking two juicy beef patties, each topped with melted American cheese and sandwiched between the softest, most buttery toasted bun you can imagine. Maybe it's the extra butter that MUST be in the patties, but something happens to me when I bite into this thing. My eyes close involuntarily, I get butterflies in my stomach and I just want to sneak away to get some alone time with my burger.

The cubano sandwich is equally crush-worthy. With its crispy warm bread, thick slices of roasted pork loin, thinly-sliced ham and house-made pickles that are slightly spicy, this sandwich is addictive and hard to get off a gal's mind. I'm absolutely amazed by the pork. Bocado leaves the fat on the meat, and as it cooks, it carmelizes and the edges crisp to salty perfection.

For good measure, Aud and I split a bowl of Bocado's crisp house cut fries with a refreshing ranch dipping sauce, spiked with plenty of refreshing dill.

Here's the thing: stalking a crush usually comes at a price. In the case of Bocado's sandwiches, you'll most likely pay more than $10 for lunch - tax, tip and fries included. The burger is $8.75 and the cuban is $9.75 during the lunch hour.

There's good news though...it's totally worth it. So, pick a day to splurge on lunch at Bocado and balance it out by saving on dinner. Also, let me know what you think of my sandwich crushes. I definitely have Audrey's approval!

Bocado
887 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone: 404.815.1399
Lunch Hours: Monday - Friday 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Dinner Hours: Monday - Saturday beginning at 5 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I see a Cuban sandwich I think of Caliente Cab and their unparalleled food and atmosphere (and college student friendly prices). Ahhh, the flame eaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the looks of El Cubano, but would not touch that 2x Butter Burger with a 10 foot pole. This svelte body of a 13 year old female gymnast does not keep itself!!!

    I would also like to take this moment to 2nd Samma's emotions... there was nothing finer than 6-12 of my own beers and a Cuban at the Cab (original location, not this new nonsense which I have yet to try).

    ReplyDelete